In contemplating responses to last night’s blog, it seems there are a few points I need to make more clear. I’ve also come up with a few morsels for you to chew on:
- I am a Flag Waving, God Fearing, Star Spangled Banner Loving, Red Blooded American who reads her Imprimis from Hillsdale College, monthly. (Google it.) I believe in our Constitutional Rights. I believe in the Rights the Constitutional Amendments have given us. I will defend my Rights and this Nation to the death if that’s what’s asked of me. I will obey the laws that have been laid in front of me. If I feel laws or politicians are infringing on my rights, I will take action to change what I can. (See numerous posts about CWA, NRA, Property Rights, Water Rights, and Second Amendment Rights.)
- In order to have a place at the table in negotiations, you must be in good standing with all parties at the negotiating table.
- Several statements have been made that the Government has been manipulating grazing contracts for years, that the Government can’t be trusted and that the Government is breaking the rules, perjuring themselves and violating their own contracts. If all these statements are true, you probably should not depend on the Government as your business partner, your livelihood and your sole source of income. Ranchers in California have had a second source of income for years. This may be the future of Ranching across the rest of the US.
- If you tell the Government to expect a fight, expect the Government to come armed.
- If you tell Protesters to have Funeral Arrangements in order, expect the Protesters to come armed.
- If you act like an uncivilized redneck, you will be treated as such.
- You can beat the Government in Court and at negotiations. My family has successfully negotiated with the State of California when a gigantic pipeline bifurcated our ranch. I will not disclose details but I will tell you that we got everything we asked for. And we are not the only family to successfully negotiate. Settrinis won. Chiltons won. The list goes on. Don’t give up.
- STOP selling your property to Land Conservancies, Land Trusts and any entity with the word “Government” in the description. You are giving away your rights to that property – no matter what they tell you (See point 3).
- Bundy v BLM is EXACTLY why ALL elections matter. (Thank you Marie!!)
- If you didn’t vote in our last election or don’t make a habit out of voting, your opinion means nothing to me.
As mentioned, I didn’t start this blog to make friends. I certainly have no grand delusions that everyone will agree with me, all the time. I sincerely hope these ten points were, at least, a little thought provoking.